The role and responsibilities of the Team Manager
The team managers role is to maintain the general running of a team to free the coach to concentrate on the coaching and training aspects of the team. This is not a difficult task and doesn’t involve much time to perform.
The main tasks are:
- Creating a scoring roster.
- Providing a list of contact details to parents.
- Confirming game times each week, particularly if there is a change in time or venue. This can be done via text/email/facebook.
- Organise the end of season breakup and coaches gift with the families.
Other duties that may occur during the season:
- Fill in players – make sure that the players details are in the system. You will need to obtain first name, surname, date of birth, suburb, postcode and singlet number they will be wearing on the day.
- Injuries occurring during games – ensure that the referee records this in the system at the conclusion of the game.
- Missing games due to injury – a medical certificate must be submitted to the All Stars Club ASAP so the player can still qualify for finals.
For more information, please contact the Secretary on email@example.com